Pistachio Lemon CakeJune 28, 2023
Praline CakeAugust 29, 2023
Feta & Ricotta Spread
20 July 2023
- Grate Parmesan and pecorino. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Blend on high: garlic, lemon juice, pistachio nuts, basil leaves and olive oil, and salt and pepper for taste.
- Add reserved grated cheeses and blend on medium-high until well combined.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven (200 °C)
- Cut the edges of the eggplants to make slicing easier.
- Cut vertical slices from top to down.
- Sprinkle some salt on the steaks and cover with a paper towel for 30 mins.
- Make the marinade using all herbs and olive oil.
- Score the eggplant slices.
- Marinate the eggplant slices (half the marinade)
- Cook for 20 mins or until the eggplant steaks are cooked through. Marinate halfway through with the rest of the marinade. Keep checking during the last 3-4 mins, some slices may be cooked at different times.
Feta & Ricotta spread:
1. Cherry tomatoes
- In a saucepan, boil the tomatoes for about a minute or so.
- Immediately plunge them into a bowl with ice water.
- Peel the skin off the tomatoes and set aside in a bowl.
- Blend well: feta, ricotta, garlic
- Add yogurt and mix well to combine.
- Transfer on a plate. Place tomatoes in the middle of the spread.
- Mix honey, olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette and drizzle on top and the side of the spread.
- Sprinkle some finely chopped pistachio and decorate the plate with some basil leaves.
- Toast 4-5 sourdough bread slices.
- Add pistachio pesto on top of the cooked eggplant steaks and spread evenly to cover the steak – quantity depends on you, adjust to your liking.
- There are two nice ways to enjoy this dish:
- Eating the eggplant steak just like a meat steak and dipping the bread to the spread, OR
- Making a bruschetta-style side dish: spread the tomatoes/fetta and ricotta spread on bread (your butter) and place the eggplant steak with the pistachio pesto on top.
Part Thyme Kitchen